This week the Diva challenged us to use a tangle designed by the very talented CZT, Margaret Bremner.  I had never seen this tangle before, and so I went to Margaret’s website to look at it.  It’s not a particularly hard tangle to draw, but I had trouble with it at first.  The main reason was that Margaret had drawn a beautiful ZIA, showing this tangle in a border, and also single tangles as roofs of buildings.  I had trouble getting the “roof” image out of my mind.  But I never give up, so I struggled a bit and came up with this tile, drawn in blue micron 005 pen.  I’m pretty much using colored pens right now, since all my 005 and 01 black pens have dried up.  I have ordered new ones and check my porch and mailbox every day waiting for them to get here.  Here’s my first tile:

I thought it looked ok, but I didn’t just LOVE it, lol!  I thought it was lacking in punch.  I really wanted to do another one, but was having trouble coming up with inspiration, so I went google-diving.  I came up with a gorgeous zendala that Margaret did on a pre-strung zendala tile, which used Copada as the outside border.  I looked in my zendala tile box to see if I had that blank tile, and I did; so I figured I’d do one too.  Then I thought; hmm, now that’s copying, you need to come up with your own design.  (If you want to see Margaret’s gorgeous zendala that inspired me, you can find it here:  It’s the fuchsia colored one.)  I did, however, decide I would do a zendala, and I wanted it to be more organic, so I just started with a CD and drew a zendala shape circle, and went from there.  This is what I came up with:

I liked this one much better, so much, in fact, that I took a picture of it before I was half through, because I thought somebody might like to know how I managed this on a blank zendala.  After I drew the circle in pencil, I used little dots around the outside edge to try to divide the circle into eight more or less equal parts.  Then I took a stemmed wine glass, and tried to center it on the larger circle to make a smaller circle.  I also drew little dots to divide that into eighths, between the eighths on the larger circle.  Then I drew in Copada within the two circles, and connected the copadas opposite each other with light pencil.  That resulted in this:

After that, things got a lot easier.  From here, I just added the floral piece made out of leaves in the center, added the leaf shapes in each of the eight divisions, and finished off with some auras, tipple fill where shown and added shading and color.  Color is a mixture of copics alcohol markers, prismacolor pencil, and sponged ink.  Hope you like it, and I’d love it if you let me know you were here by leaving me a comment.  Until next time, Happy Tangling!